2022 Holiday House Tour FAQS
- Live tour will be held on Sunday December 11, 2022 from 12-5 pm.
- You must present your ticket for admission to the live tour on December 11. When you check in at your first home or the welcome reception, you will receive a wristband. The wristband will give you access to the remainder of the homes on the live tour without the need to check in again!
- We will hold a welcome reception at Glen Carbon Heritage Museum from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on December 11th in advance of the live tour. Join us for complimentary coffee and hot cocoa and get checked in for the live tour to avoid lines at the homes on the tour! You can also check out the beautiful trees at Glenfestival of Trees, including the JSC tree that will be included in our 12 Days of Giveaways!
- Wear comfortable shoes!
- Shoe covers will be provided at your first home. Please remember to take the covers with you to use at each home you visit.
- Restroom use is not permitted at the homes on the live tour.
- Children under 12 are not permitted on the live tour.
- Outside food and drink are not permitted on the live tour.
- Photographs are not permitted on the live tour.
- You can park at all of the homes on the live tour. We encourage you to carpool when possible.
- Below are links to potential routes for the live tour. Please note that you are not required to use any of these, you can tour the homes on the live tour in any order you wish!
- If you have trouble finding street parking for the home on St. Louis Street, the parking lot at Hadley House is available for parking during the live tour (please note: this will require you to cross St. Louis Street and walk approximately two blocks to reach the home on St. Louis Street)
- You will receive an email with a link and personal password to access the virtual tour by 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 11th.
- You can view the virtual tour as many times as you wish through Sunday, December 18th at midnight when the link will expire.
- You can view the virtual tour from anywhere as long as you have internet connection!
- Keep an eye out for Junior the Gnome. He makes an appearance in every home!
- Tickets can be purchased online up until the end of the live tour on December 11, 2022. If you wish to purchase your ticket with cash, you may do so at the Welcome Reception at Glen Carbon Heritage Museum on December 11 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. We will not accept cash purchases at any of the homes on the live tour. We are not accepting check purchases.
- After you purchase your ticket, you will receive a brochure via email with information about the homes on both the live and the virtual tour.
- Purchase of a ticket is an automatic entry into our 12 Days of Giveaways! The giveaway begins on November 30th and ends on December 11th. To win any of our amazing giveaways this year, you must have purchased a ticket prior to the day of that giveaway.
- The GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY – transport for the live tour on a party bus for you and 9 of your friends! – will be announced on November 30. All attendees riding on the party bus must have a ticket for the event.
- The winner of the fully decorated JSC Christmas tree will be announced on December 11 by 7 p.m.
- We will have additional giveaways every day from December 1 – 10!
- We will hold a drive for the Glen/Ed Pantry during the live tour. Canned goods and personal care items can be dropped off inside the Glen Carbon Heritage Museum on December 11th from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
For any additional questions regarding the tour, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.